Opening hours: • Tours of the castle are possible all year round Tue. - No. From 9:00 am to 5:00 pm • Today, the castle is mainly used as a gallery and also in this year we can find many interesting exhibitions such as - Srdceráj, Christmas all year round, Exhibition of mechanical toys of HUSCH factory, Exhibition of sculpture by Stanislav Hanzík, Exposition of textile manufactory and others ... • The castle also organizes several interesting events during the year, including night tours, Welsh celebrations, Easter celebrations, Svatomichaelské festivities, harvest celebrations and crafts and more ... • For more information visit www.mulitvinov.cz
A mansion built by Giovanni Domenico Canevalle was built on the site of the former fortress of Jan Josef Valdštejn before 1727. František Josef Jiří was rebuilt in the form of today's Baroque chateau in the years 1732 to 1743. The architect František Maxmilián Kaňka impressed him with the characteristic appearance. After the castle was abandoned, an English-style castle park with an area of eight hectares was established in 1878. Now the park is a good place to relax, but also to organize the Wallenstein feast of May Day. The building is four-winged with an enclosed courtyard and two opposite annexes, one-storey with a pavilion. Since the end of the 19th century the castle has been used for economic purposes, since 1964 a museum has been established. In the rear passage of the castle there are four tombstones of the lords of Jahn, dating back to 1542, 1558, 1566 and 1571. Relief of the figures is performed in Renaissance style. The epitaphs of the Lords of Jahn are among the oldest movable monuments documenting the existence of Litvínov.